All registrants must sign up for Volunteer Duties. The Volunteer Duties are listed below.
Day Leader • is in charge of the Playgroup operations for that day of the week. The primary responsibilities of this role include:
• Arriving prior to 9:25am.
• Opening and unlocking the doors.
• Ensure trailer is set up
• Setting out sign-in sheets and other information as needed.
• Ensuring that previous day’s day leader duties are fulfilled (ie: toys are put away, room is left in a clean state, garbage is emptied if required)
• If there is a craft day scheduled that week put cars away and set up tables in middle of trailer with craft supplies arranged ready for use
• At end of day wipe tables, clean floor empty garbage
If you cannot make it to open playgroup on your assigned day, please arrange for a replacement the night before at the latest from your list of alternate day leaders & reserves. Sometimes it’s difficult to make the decision at this time, but it’s best to have someone lined up to open & if you can make it to playgroup the next morning, you can join the playgroup at that time. In emergency situations, calls can be made to the Chairperson the morning of your assigned day and we will try our best to make arrangements to open playgroup for you.
Toy Cleaning Assistant • the primary responsibilities of this role include:
• Providing assistance for the toy cleaning evenings.
• A minimum commitment of 2 hours is required.
• Toy cleanings will take place four times throughout the year and are scheduled
well in advance.
Librarian • the primary responsibilities of this role include:
• Overseeing the use of the library.
• Regularly checking on condition of books and repairing and discarding books as required.
• Sorting books into their proper sections.
• Sending email reminders to those who have books signed out for an extended period.
• Preparing new books for use.
Sales Committee • the primary responsibilities of this role include:
• Committee Positions include Chairperson, Treasurer, & Advertising, amongst others.
• Assistance with sale planning, which requires meeting attendance (2- 3 meetings, usually in the evenings).
Sale Assistant • the primary responsibilities of this role include:
• Providing assistance on sale day—duties may include set-up for sale, decorating
(if required), manning a sale table for Tiny Tots, cashier, sale clean-up, etc.
Craft Coordinator • the primary responsibilities of this role include:
• Maintain Tiny Tot craft supplies.
• Ensure that there are sufficient supplies for the upcoming craft week.
• If there isn’t, then determine budget with Treasurer and procure new crafts
Party Assistant • the primary responsibilities of this role include:
• Choose any two of the following parties that you wish to volunteer for:
+ End of Year
+ Renfrew Stampede Breakfast Party
• Set up party room; this is generally done the afternoon prior to the party.
• Arrive 15 minutes prior to start time to set up the game that you have been assigned.
• Stay at the game you are assigned & assist children with playing the game.
• Distribute prizes to children as required.
• Ensure at end of the party that all games & pieces are returned to their proper location.
• Clean up after party
True Media Concepts